This interactive presentation consists of the following animations:
- the rotation of the Earth in space through 24 hours, showing day and night
- the orbit of the Earth around the sun explaining the different seasons
- the orbit of the moon around the Earth illustrating the phases of the moon
By carrying out the activities in this lesson pupils will understand:
- why we have day time and night time on planet Earth
- why we have the different seasons
- why the moon appears a different shape over the month
Two interactive quizzes enable pupils to test their understanding of the concepts explored and can provide a record of assessment.
Interactive whiteboard activity 1
whiteboard activity 2
Download lesson pack
Please save and then extract this file to your hard drive first before trying to use.