These activities have been designed to support the teaching of English at key stage 2.
The activities will enable the teacher to:
- explore the term "simile"
- share similes with the class
- provide exercises on new similes using established models
Within each of the activities further information can be accessed in order to develop pupils' knowledge, support the lesson or for research.
- text level - reading comprehension
- to understand the use of figurative language in poetry and prose
- locate use of simile
English programme of study: writing section 3: language development (sub-section 5)
Main session part 1
Main session part 2
Download lesson pack
Please save and then extract this file to your hard drive before trying to use. Thank you.